Christmas 2016: A Throwback To My Favourite Christmas Posts

by - December 21, 2016


Only a few days before Christmas now, and I honestly don't know where time has gone... I've been incredibly busy these past two months, hence the lack of posts on Julia Speaks. Although I haven't been able to write any Christmas posts this year, I am still very much in the festive spirit - listening to Christmas music, getting a baby tree and enjoy Christmas lights around Northampton has kept me going through the whole of December!
To make up for the lack (or absence, really) of Christmas-related posts this year on my blog, I have selected my three favourite posts from last year to share again with you! Hopefully they'll be new to some of you and you'll enjoy them!



I have been lucky to be sent some products from BornPrettyStore a few times, but the Christmas selection will always be my favourite! In this post, learn how to create quick and easy festive manicures, using only a few nail polishes and stickers! The snowflake mani (which I called Let It Snow) is my favourite out of the bunch!



Of all the Christmas displays I've seen around Paris, Vaux-le-Vicomte is hands down the best. The castle, located outside of Paris but easily accessible by train, does wonderful Christmas displays every year and I encourage you to visit if you are in Paris and fancy a change from Versailles. All the rooms are filled with trees, lights, and cute ornaments, and Santa is waiting for you around the kitchen. There is even a ferris wheel inside the castle. Yes. Check out the post to see what this amazing event is all about!



I could not finish this post without adding a Christmas recipe! Seasonal hot drinks don't have to come from Starbucks or Costa - make them yourself! I love cinnamon at this time of year, it has this strong, spicy flavour that instantly reminds of Christmas. To do this hot chocolate, you'll only need a few basic ingredients - and some cute mugs of course. Go and follow this recipe, cinnamon hot chocolate is exactly what you need during these cosy winter evenings!

What is your favourite post out of the three? Do you have a favourite type of post you like to write or read at Christmas?

Lots of love,
Julia x

You May Also Like

15 commentaires

  1. Love the festive nails and all your beauts xmassy photos! Dominica from www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk Merry Christmas !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dominica! Have a merry Christmas :D xx

      Delete
  2. So so festive! Your post put me in a Holiday mood instantly haha <3
    Love the Christmas vibes!

    Your blog is lovely too! xx

    x Mila
    www.topknotkindaday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad I put you in the festive mood then :D xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my GOSH, Christmas at Vaux-Le-Vicomte Castle looks absolutely spectacular and definitely something I'd want to stop by and see if I were also in the area :) Have a fabulous Christmas!!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought about you as I was typing the post, I told myself you'd probably love to go there! Merry Christmas, have a great time! xx

      Delete
  4. I don't think I have ever done a true Christmas post. I only shared some pictures from the decoration once. I guess I am a Grinch.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Grinch with spot-on makeup and a good knowledge of skincare, may I add! haha xx

      Delete
  5. Ah I love this! So festive and cute, those nails are so pretty too. Thanks for sharing, adore this festive walk down memory lane xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kiran! I wish you a verry merry Christmas! xx

      Delete
  6. I love this post and your nails are so pretty! Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary, I loved doing these manicures! I'll check out your blog :) xx

      Delete
  7. Your Christmas posts are lovely! I need to try out that hot chocolate as it looks amazing :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your Christmas decorations!! And your nails are so cute! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus comment count